Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lady Geraldine’s Blush – Don’t Need to Blush for that Vintage


I was never really into Wine. Always preferring a good cold Lager or Stout I didn’t appreciate the tremendous effect a good wine can have on food. Until now.

They say your taste develops over your lifetime. Things you don’t like in your youth might very well become you favourites when you get older.
The event which triggered this effect with me and wine started with my friend inviting my for our usual Thursday evening dinner. This is a tradition we’ve been keeping up for years now.
Something was different this evening: instead of our normal water for dinner and Guinness afterwards my friend got a bottle of 2007 Lady Geraldine’s Blush, a dry rose from Ickworth vineyard.
You got to taste this one, my mate told me, this wine won prizes over prizes, it’s really great. And so I did. What can I say? He was right. The flavour of the dry wine combined with a fair level of acidity was an overwhelming experience.
The meal was brilliant, like always. But this wine really managed to enhance the taste even further. I strongly recommend this vintage, it’s what finally made me a wine lover.
If that inspired you and you can’t wait to get your hands on a bottle of this brilliant wine just visit http://www.ickworthvineyard.co.uk/index.html to get directions or order online.

Ickworth vineyard
Heelis
Swindon 
SN2

No comments:

Post a Comment